Monday, October 10, 2011

Congratulations to our Skill-A-Thon Team!

Hello everybody!

First of all, I want to congratulate the three individuals who competed at the Wayne County Fair Skill-A-Thon Contest this past week:

Jonathan Murphy
Ashley Murphy
Cheyenne Pike


They did a great job! Jonathan placed 1st in Jr. 4-H and Ashley placed 7th in Jr. 4-H! Cheyenne is too young to be placed but she did a wonderful job as well! Way to go everyone! I am so proud of you and can't wait for your next chance to SHINE!

Please let me know if your child will be competing in our next Skill-A-Thon competition which is Sunday, Oct. 30 in Raleigh at the Beef Educational Unit on Lake Wheeler Road. I plan to drive up that morning very early. Registration is from 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM and the contest will last until noon. We will drive back that afternoon. PLEASE let me know if your child will be able to attend ASAP. The deadline for registration is this week. There is a registration fee that will be covered for your child. If you would like to attend as a parent, please let me know so we can cover your cost as well.

We will have practice Tuesday, Oct. 11 from 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM at the Jones County Office for those who can attend. Please let me know if you will be able to attend ASAP.

Also, I want to congratulate the youth representing North Carolina at the National Skill-A-Thon Competition! They received numerous individual awards as well as team awards including 5th place OVERALL:

Michaela Seitter
Casie Ingram
Elizabeth Rowe

Thanks and again, congratulations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment